How do you find ideas for stories, and what do you do with them once you have them? How do you write a bestselling novel? This year, I’m delighted to be running two writing workshops in Brisbane in May at Twelfth Night Theatre.
- Have an idea that’s been hanging around that you’d like to bring to life somehow?
- Struggle to find story idea, or have the opposite problem and have too many ideas?
- Struggle to work out what format to put your idea into or what to do with it once it’s finished?
- Have a burning desire to write a novel?
- Have a half-finished (or quarter-finished) novel that you need some help to finish?
- Want to have fun, feel creative, meet up with other creatives?
- Just want to escape the family and the Brisbane heat for a weekend, eat some chocolate and maybe make a new friend?
I can help!
Workshop 1: Bringing Your Ideas to Life. How do you find ideas for stories and what do you do with them once you find them? Josephine will guide you through the process of discovering ideas for stories, accessing research and resources, breathing life into words, and then pulling them into some sort of order to get them onto the page. She’ll also help you to work out what sort of writer you might be, which will help you know what to do with your ideas. She’ll cover different types of structure to suit different outcomes and foundational skills in the requirements of a good story.
Workshop 2: How to Write a Bestselling Novel. There isn’t one single way to write a bestseller but there are definitely common elements you can learn. Bring your idea for a novel and Josephine will show you how to plot it out to keep the pages turning, build strong characters and guide you through the foundations of self-editing. This interactive day will see you leave with a bounty of information to set you up for success.
You can book in for either event or attend both for a discount. As well, I’ll give everyone who comes along a complimentary copy of The Gift of Life to take home!
Click here for bookings.