EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BIDDING ON MANUSCRIPT ASSESSMENTS:
1. ROUND 1 bidding started at 6pm QLD time, Monday (including publisher Sophie Green, author Michael Trant and author Jenn J McLeod).
2. You will be able to find where to bid on eBay by searching ‘authors for farmers’ and the assessor’s name. (e.g. “authors for farmers Sophie Green”)
3. Direct links to each auction will also be posted here on Facebook, on Twitter, and on http://www.josephinemoon.com/blog/
4. ROUND TWO starts 6pm (QLD time) WEDNESDAY 17th October and includes publisher Ali Watts, author Annie Seaton, author Lisa Ireland and author Katie Rowney
5. ROUND THREE starts 6pm (QLD time) FRIDAY 19th October and includes publisher Annette Barlow, author Melinda Tognini and author Louise Allan.
6. Each auction runs for 10 days, so that will give you plenty of time to get your bid(s) in.
7. You do not have to be in the same state (or even country) as the assessor to bid or win. All correspondence will be done via email (and sometimes others as well, including in person, as described in each auction description). No postage and no travel necessary.
8. Funds raised (minus eBay fees) will go to Buy a Bale (Rural Aid) for struggling farmers in Australia.
9. Most genres/interests are represented.
10. Each publisher/author has slightly different requests as to format of your submission so please read their description carefully to make sure you know what they’re looking for.
Best of luck!!