Manuscript Assessments are for you if you have a completed or partially completed (at least 50%) manuscript.
I know how difficult it is to find an industry professional to read your manuscript. That’s why I’m offering this to you: because I know how hard you’ve worked, and I know how much you want to find someone to help you.
The good news is that you already know a lot about me. (I’m not some ‘anonymous’ reader in a factory farm of appraisers.) I have a proven track record of writing publishable, best-selling work, professional editing experience and teaching expertise too.
My Manuscript Assessment Package Includes:
- your opportunity to send me your whole manuscript (or at least 50% of it), whereupon I will read every single word of it and make loads of scrawly notes along the way (which I will then type up neatly for you)
- my reading, preparing and reporting time
- an emailed copy of my notes, feedback and suggestions
- notes will include reflections on a variety of observations, such as character, story arc, plot, writing style, sub-plots, themes, word lengths, balance of chapters, points of view, tense, contradictions, logic issues, and any potential problems I might spot in regards to sensitive content, global trends or legalities**
- a 30-60 minute Zoom meeting with me so that we can talk through my observations and suggestions (after you’ve had a read of the report)
- a mountain of useful information to help you take the next right steps
- complimentary digital assets and working resources, delivered to your inbox
- lifetime membership* to my private coaching/mentoring/assessment email list, with exclusive content just for this group
- my e-course on how to find the time to write
- lifetime invitation* to a quarterly Zoom call for all my students, where you can ask me anything, and also (if you want to) connect with other writers who might be writing similar stories to you. (Writing buddies are the best! You might find a new one here.)
- GST, processing fees and printing costs
Your Investment: Prices vary according to word length (see below)
* “lifetime membership” and “lifetime invitation” means for the duration of the time that I am offering these services… which is hopefully many years
**Please note that a manuscript assessment does not include editing services. Editing is an entirely different process. This means, I do not fix your words, sentences, paragraphs, typos, spelling, punctuation or grammar. (Having said that, it is highly likely I will pull out sections of text to demonstrate how you could improve your writing style and fluency.)
- Manuscripts up to 50,000 words: $1210
- Manuscripts from 50,001 to 75,000 words: $1760
- Manuscripts from 75,001 to 100,000 words: $2,200
- Manuscripts from 100,001 to 120,000 words: $2640
Apply via the form below. Payments can be made via Stripe, PayPal or bank transfer after acceptance of your application. I will send you details.
If you are an NDIS client, you may be eligible to claim your tuition via your funding package if you have goals aligned with, and resources allocated to, improving communication or increasing skills. Please check with your plan manager or with NDIS if you are unsure. Email me for more info.
Why do you need to apply? Because I want to make sure I’m the right person for your story! So let’s start with some info and I’ll get back to you ASAP 🙂