Continuing with food inspired by Italy (where I ate a lot of food in research for Three Gold Coins), here is my recipe for Zucchini Rosemary Bread. Enjoy!
Zucchini Rosemary Bread
(GF and optional DF)
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
2/3 cup oil (melted ghee or coconut oil or olive oil)
3/4 cup honey
1 cup of milk or nut milk
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla bean powder (or extract)
1 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
1 tsp nutmeg
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup gf rolled oats
1/2 arrowroot flour
2 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two loaf tins with baking (parchment) paper.
- While the oven is heating, lay out your walnuts on a baking sheet and let them toast gently till fragrant.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients down to the milk and whisk till combined.
- Add your dry ingredients one at a time, stirring as you go till everything is well combined. (Add extra rice flour if it looks too wet.)
- Divide the mixture between the two loaf tins and place side by side on a top shelf of the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before cutting. Serve with butter.